ExcelFileGenSheet, is an Excel tool which can create textbased files or AutoCAD dwg's from a template.
This Excel 2007/2010 template makes it possible to generate textbased files from templates automatically. It will create one file by Excel-row.
If you are using AutoCAD (min. version 2002), you can also create AutoCAD drawings from DWG templates, or you can update AutoCAD files with new values. The Excel sheet is using COM automation for its work, so you can't use AutoCAD LT. ExcelFileGenSheet is reading blocattributes to replace its values. It also checks TEXT and MTEXT for placeholders defined on the sheetheader.
How it works:
After Installation of ExcelFileGenSheet you will find a new template if you go to Excel => File => New => My Templates with name FileGenSheet. If you open it, you will find a user interface beside the sheet with tools to create your documents.
To create files you have to define one column with filenames. ( in the sample i use %FILENAME% ) The sheet contains one column which will tell the engine which template to use. ( -in this example I use: %TEMPLATE% ) All other fields are one of the placeholders in the template file.
ExcelFileGenSheet is very convenient to:
- Create documentations.
- Generate code files.
- Create configuration files. (xml,ini usw.)
- Create control loop schemas, used in automation industry. (see an example).
- Create drawings without using AutoCAD. In this case you can try it with dxf files which are text based.
- Update many AutoCAD drawings with new attributes. (see an example)
- Create HTML files. (see an example)
- Productdescriptions with different dimensions for example. ( eBay )
Here you can download your copy of ExelFileGenSheet (to use it, you need Excel 2007 or up.)
Please register if you use it longer than 30 days.