SNMP OPC Server
The Netlistener OPC-Server is a convenient network monitoring tool. It provides status data on network devices through ICMP, SNMP.
The server allows supervising device processes (watchdog) and provides the operator with the CPU load data as an OPC variable. In addition it shows the CPU load of the host computer.
OPC-Netlistener helps you to:
- detect Ethernet errors early. It provides a transparent Ethernet.
- Supervision of various network loads and applications.
- Information on the state of the network.
- Easy integration into your HMI through OPC.
- Option to program your own network management applications in your SCADA.
- Easy to use through known visualization software.
How does it work?
The server sends ICMP (ping) or SNMP-requests to the supervising hosts, and presents these as an OPC-item. Or it supervises cyclical processes on the host to check for program errors.
OPC-Server as a gateway from your automation system to an ethernet network.
In order to test the server, you can also use the TestClient (SNMPVariableBuilder) included in your scope of delivery or any other OPC-client (for example Matrikon – OPC – Explorer).
With SNMPVariableBuilder, a simple MIB-Browser, can generate your OPC-Items with one click. You only have to click on one OID item and copy the built string onto your OPC-Client. You can also test the built variable against the OPC-Server.
The SNMPVariableBuilder can search the device for SNMP OIDs and show them to you. With one click on any one entry, you create the OPC-Item to be used in the OPC-Netlistener.
Here are some Online Demos, where I use Matrikon - OPC - Explorer for testing:
1 .How to configure the server if you use ICMP, SNMP, PROCESS, CPU-usage items. (3 MB)
2 . Error diagnostics and use of static tags with TagNames.dat file. (2MB)
OPC "OLE for Process Control" shows an initiative to standardize the data exchange in automation technology. Due to this technology data can be exchanged between automation systems with no need for different drivers. This allows the use of different visualization systems for your process. It also allows for example, accessing your process data at your office through Microsoft Office.
More Info about OPC:
OPC-Foundation (OPC Development – Specifications / Information about OPC products)
OPC-Connect (opc programmers connection )
Matrikon ( a lot of OPC Servers )
OPC Europe (OPC Foundation Europe )
AutomationMedia.com (Controls and Automation Knowledgebase : QA Forum : News : Articles : OPC & lot more….)
SNMP4tPC (you can download the SNMP browser Getif here).
Minimum system requirements: Windows XP,Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 x64, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 x64, Windows 7,8,10.
- new functions, you can now ask for windowsprocesses and CPU usage.
- Bugfix: Overflow on ASN_COUNTER32 values
- Help fixed
- TestClient added. Now you have a MIB-Broser where you can create and test your OPC-Items. (.NET Framework required)
- snmp-Set now also possible.
- pingdelay renamed to delay. the unit is now msec.
- new OPC-Item which is having the timeout for SNMP or ICMP
- BugFix: Mem-Usage datatype was wrong
- BugFix: RTT Datatype was wrong
- can now run as NT-service
- tagnames.dat can now be written from SNMPVariableBuilder
- BugFix: under Windows Server 2003 the service mode was not working
- now also running in Windows 7
- BugFix: Installation doesn't run on each Windows 7.
- You can register the server as a service while the installation.
- Bugfix: Traps V2c
- extended Consoleoutput